Don't let others inhibit you from creating

This is a great article by Bryan Hutchinson at Positive Writer about worrying too much about what people think when you do your writing. You could also apply it to many other things besides writing. I am guilty of this but have worked through it.

Stop-worrying-about-what-people-think-and-create-anyway



Now I write for me because I need to express myself creatively as that's part of who I am. If others like it, great but it's not the main reason. If it was, I would have given up years ago.

Often people are too busy with their own agendas to notice what I'm doing. I get that. I can't always focus on everything they're doing either.

I do enjoy sharing with other like minded creatives because we understand each other and appreciate each others' efforts.

Have you created something or done something without worrying about what others think? It's very freeing when you do! Try it!

Comments

  1. Applause! Applause! This is what you call true enlightenment, Cathy. ☺ You have a fabulous, creative mind and talent. Let it fly! It's human nature to want your work to be liked, but ultimately, the only thing that matters is that YOU like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debbie, fellow talented creative. You always understand the effort and the courage it takes to put it out there. I do appreciate your support and hope I support you in the same way.

      Delete
    2. I appreciate your support as well, Cathy. I'm just WAY behind with responses at the moment. Sorry about that. Still have the taxes to do! :o

      Delete
  2. Loved the article. And yes, I agree. We must do what pleases instead of worrying about what others think, as that will definitely stunt the creative process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the timing of this post, Cat. Right when I was overwhelmed with doubts! My drafts folder is overflowing with posts. I need to stop thinking and start posting. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have truly achieved that state of bliss and being happy with it :)
    More power to you, Cat

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference