Caught Red Handed! #BarAThon

Here in Cape Breton, there is cheeky female red squirrel who raids the feeder just like the female red squirrel I have back in Ontario. I think this red squirrel is even brattier than the one back at my place, if that's possible. 

Her antics are fun to watch and of course I had to take a bunch of photos of her. She's not shy at all and I was even able to go out on the deck and take photos of her close up. She barely even noticed me and kept merrily munching away.

Her brash boldness inspired this poem for "Caught Red Handed" for today's prompt at the Barathon for the BlogaRhythm 7 day blogging festival.


Caught red handed, you cheeky brat!
Gorging on seeds and growing fat,
Cheeky squirrel, so impolite
Those poor birdies don’t get a bite,

Nothing stops a squirrel, they keep on going
Even on days when it’s sleeting and snowing,
Might as well just let her eat.
Enjoy it, Red and Bon Appetit!



I am participating in the Blog-a-rhythm Blogathon, a 7 day blogging festival. 
I am with Team #BlueLagoon
Day 4 prompt is Caught Red Handed

Comments

  1. How effortlessly and beautifully you come up with rhyming poems which are so apt too, Cat! Loved this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that was so sweet, Cat!
    *Gorging on seeds and growing fat!...loved this poem, too!
    And, congrats,my dearie! Your team is leading with all those phenomenal points!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing the pictures and reading your stories about the squirrels. I know them through you. You found one here too. Red is cool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference

TMI: 26 Things About Me #Blogfest