Tasty Christmas treats and Some Not So Tasty


Write Tribe

I am participating in Write Tribe's blogging challenge from December 8-14. Today's topic is Food.

What would Christmas be without Christmas sweets? My waist expands an inch or two when I bake the decorated cookies, scrumptious fudge, chocolate brownies and other delicious treats at this time of year.

I make them for gifts and for the boys, you understand.  *Wipes chocolate from mouth.*

Give me the chocolate!


And what about the Christmas treats that we don’t like? They still become part of our Christmas memories.

Candy canes are pretty and so decorative to look at.


They're also good for breaking a tooth. I’ve never liked them much even if they do freshen my breath for those moments under the Mistletoe.

Give me the chocolate!



I remember my mom buying old-fashioned brightly-coloured candies when I was a kid. You know the kind? 



She would pour them into decorative dishes where they would grow sticky and gather dust until April when they were replaced by Easter Candy.

And who can forget the Christmas cake? 


I’d like to forget it. Never did care for the stuff. So dry and heavy and not all that tasty. They do make wonderful doorstops and paperweights though! Besides, you do know where fruitcake comes from, don't you?


Give me the chocolate!  



I’m sure dentists and diet groups rub their hands with glee as we gorge on copious amounts of sugary, fattening concoctions at this time of year.

Whoever heard of healthy Christmas treats? Oh sure, we might eat a Clementine or two in a virtuous moment but it’s the treats we clamour for. We can be good in January.

Give me the chocolate!


Comments

  1. haha...loved your attitude towards life :)
    now give me a piece of that chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way, Ruchira. You'll have to get your own!

      Delete
  2. Oh my! My mouth is watering and I think I gained a few pounds just reading your post. Brilliant! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Kathy. I think I gained a few pounds writing it. OOH! Chocolate!

      Delete
  3. now, I have to eat some chocolate!! :D
    I heart Toblerone and Christmas Cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you one of those types who likes Christmas cake? To each his own, I guess.

      Delete
  4. Awesome! Life is boring without chocolate. If you are happy celebrate with a chocolate and if you are sad seek comfort in a chocolate. That's my motto. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What would life be without chocolate? I like your motto!

      Delete
  5. Loved your take - yep give me the chocolate too. I'm not a fan of Christmas cake too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give me the chocolate anytime over Christmas cake. I did try the MIL's old family recipe for fruitcake the other day, though, and it was pretty good. Not dry and heavy like the fruitcake I'm used to.

      Delete
  6. Chocolate - What is life without chocolate. An absolutely delicious take on the prompt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Iwrotethose. Yes, life without chocolate just isn't living, is it? LOL!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference